For rentals between April and November the minimum duration is 7 nights. For rentals between December and March, the minimum duration is 14 nights. Afterwards, all rentals can be extended on a daily basis.
Shorter rentals may be available on short notice upon request. Please contact us!
Customer Orientation at Pick-Up
A minimum of one hour is required to finalize paperwork and to familiarize the renter with the operation of the rental vehicle prior to the departure. Please calculate about 60 to 90 minutes for pick-up and adjust your travel itinerary accordingly.
All renters must be present at pick-up and in possession of a valid driver license and credit card.
Pick-ups and Drop-offs
Pick-ups on Monday to Saturday are usually scheduled between 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm. No pick-up after 5:00 pm. Earlier pickups may be possible depending on availability, please contact us to check on availability, additional charges may apply.
Please call in the afternoon one business day prior to departure to schedule a specific pick-up time to avoid a long waiting time at our lot.
Drop-offs from Monday to Saturday are between 9:00 am and 10:00 am. Late drop-offs may be possible depending on availability, please contact us to check on availability and possible additional charges. Late drop-offs without prior notice will always be charged hourly and an additional penalty fee.
No refunds will be made for an early return or late pick-up of the motorhome or travel trailer.
The minimum age for all our rentals is 21 years.
Office Closure & Public Holidays
Our rental office is closed on Sundays and on the following statutory holidays:
- Family Day
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- Heritage Holiday
- Labour Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Closing – Closed from the middle of December until the beginning of January!
No regular pick-ups and drop-offs can be scheduled on these days.
Upgrades and Downgrades
In the unlikely event that the requested unit is not available on pick-up day, Northern Lights RV reserves the right to exchange it with a larger unit. In case only a smaller unit is available Northern Lights RV will refund the difference in rental cost of the two vehicles. In case the client refuses he accepts that all payments will be forfeited and no further claims may be made.
Milage for Motorhome Rentals
All motorhome rentals 7 days or longer include 100km free per day. Extra km will be charged with $ 0.39 plus GST tax.
We offer a variety of prepaid KM-packages that may be purchased upon pick-up. For more information please visit extras for rent & additional services.
No refund will be given for unused kilometres.
For travel trailer rentals there is no mileage charge.
No vehicles are permitted to travel to the following areas:
- Dalton and Dempster highway
- Death Valley (California) between May 1 and September 30.
- Northern Lights Vacations Ltd. does not allow the unit to be left unattended by the renter in the city of Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa or New York. Violating this term will void CDR agreement and make the renter liable in case of theft and/or damage (park unit at the campsite and use public transportation, taxi, etc.)
Travel on gravel or dirt roads is not permitted at all times.
Electric Brake Control
All tow vehicles must be equipped with a functioning electric trailer brake control and wiring (7 prong plug). If you are not sure that your brake control is functioning perfectly please book an appointment with our service team in advance, on pick-up days no brake controls will be installed or repaired.
A preparation fee applies to all rentals. The preparation fee includes toilet paper and chemicals, electrical adapter, fresh water and sewer hose and the disinfecting of the unit.
- Preparation fee motorhomes $ 95.00
- Preparation fee travel trailers $ 125.00
For the travel trailers, the fee also includes the hitch and equalizer bars.
Clients travelling to Alaska, Yukon and the Northwest Territories must advise us at the time of booking. A surcharge of $ 400.00 will apply per vehicle.
Northern Lights Vacations Ltd. maintains liability coverage on all its rental units to a maximum of $ 5,000,000.00 for any bodily injury and property damage liability claims arising from the operation or use of its rental units by the drivers named in this rental agreement, provided all safety instructions as recommended by Northern Lights Vacations Ltd. have been followed. Premiums for this basic public liability coverage are included in all rental rates, this also includes premiums for collision insurance and comprehensive insurance with a deductible of $10,000.00 per claim.
Any accident must be reported to the police and Northern Lights RV immediately, otherwise, coverage is null and void.
Theft, loss or damage to personal property and personal injuries are the renter’s responsibility.
Collision Deductible Reduction (CDR) Agreements
Northern Lights RV offers the following CDR agreement options:
- $ 18.00 per day to reduce the renters’ liability to $ 1000.00.
- $ 23.00 per day to reduce the renters’ liability to $ 500.00.
- $ 20.00 per day to reduce the renters’ liability to $ 1000.00.
- $ 25.00 per day to reduce the renters’ liability to $ 500.00.
The CDR agreements cover the following incidents:
- Two vehicle accidents/ collision on a signed and numbered road
- Hit and run/ vandalism/ vehicle theft/ fire
- Damage due to break-ins
- Impact with animals
- Single vehicle incidents (damage caused by contact with stationary object)
- Damages caused as a result of a natural disaster (hail, floods, storms)
The CDR agreements are null and void in the following occasions:
- Damage was caused a result of negligence/ willful damage incl. undercarriage damage (not caused by two-vehicle accident)
- Incidents caused while the vehicle is driven by an impaired or unauthorized driver
- Fails to maintain proper fluid levels and failure to maintain proper tire pressure
- Damages caused by using the wrong fuel or fluids and due to misuse of the brakes (overheating), transmission or any other parts of the powertrain
- Damage due to violation of restricted travel areas
- Damages caused by ignoring height restrictions and other road signs, underground parking and drive-through damage
- Damages caused by committing hit & run and during any illegal act(s)
- Damages caused as a result of the use of snow chains
Glass Plus Coverage
For the motorhomes, an additional “glass plus coverage” can be purchased for $ 8.00 per day which reduces the deductible to $ 100.00 for damages on the windshield of the motorhome.
The use of rental units for any large outdoor events may be subject to an additional deposit or surcharge. Using the vehicle for festivals and events must be explicitly requested at the time of reservation.
During the time rented the client is responsible for the RV. There will be charges for misuse,
damages due to negligence or failure to provide normal maintenance as checking oil, tire
pressure and fluids and coolant at each refuelling.
No repairs are to be made to the RV in the amount over $ 50.00 without prior authorization of
Northern Lights RV and all replaced parts must be returned along with the receipts for full
The number of persons travelling in the vehicle must not exceed the number of seatbelts the vehicle is equipped with by its manufacturer.
Fuel costs are the renter’s responsibility; no cost for fuel will be covered by Northern Lights RV. At pick-up you will receive the motorhome with a full tank of gas; all clients are expected to return the unit with a full tank of gas. In case the tank is not full, in addition to the fuel cost, a service fee of $ 45.00 will apply.
All our units have propane tanks or bottles. Propane tanks or bottles will be full at pick-up and clients are expected to return the unit will full a full tank or bottles. In case the tank or bottles are not full, in addition to the cost of propane a service fee of $ 45.00 will apply
The unit must be returned clean. If the cleanliness of the RV is not up to Northern Lights Vacations Ltd. standards, a cleaning fee of 50.00 per hour will be levied (minimum $ 200.00).
Smoking is not allowed in any of our units. Northern Lights Vacations Ltd. reserves the right to charge an additional fee of minimum $ 1,000.00 if a vehicle returns smelling of tobacco smoke.
We do offer pet-friendly units at a non-refundable cost of $ 200.00, please be aware these are very select units and may not always be available. Please call or email ahead to of time to ensure a pet-friendly unit.
Full payment is required 30 days prior to pick-up. Payment may be made by interact e-transfer, wire transfer, cash, debit or bank draft.
- For interac e-transfer use the following e-mail: email@example.com
- For wire transfer use the following banking information:
Bank of Montreal, 13370–114 Ave NW, Edmonton AB, T5M 4B7, Canada
Account Number: 1992-517
Transit Number: Branch: 00149
Institution Number: 001
- Bank Drafts need to be made to: Northern Lights Vacations Ltd.
A processing fee of 2.5% will be charged for all credit card payments over $ 500.00. We accept Visa and MasterCard.
Booking and Security Deposit
A $500.00 booking deposit is required when making a reservation which can only be made by credit card (Visa or MasterCard, no prepaid credit cards).
On pick-up day, a valid credit card must be presented and a pre-authorization of $ 500.00 per weekly rental will be processed until the rental unit is returned to cover possible additional fees and damages.
All our rental rates, charges for extras payable at pick-up or upon return of the rental unit are subject to GST tax.
Changing a Reservation
For all changes, a flat rate of $ 75.00 applies.
All bookings are subject to the following cancellation policy:
Cancellation of entire Booking
Cancellations 30 nights or more prior to departure date a flat rate of $ 150.00 applies.
- Cancellations 29 to 4 nights prior to departure date 50% of the rental amount is forfeited.
- Cancellations 3 to 0 nights prior to departure or no show 100% of the rental amount is forfeited.
The rental amount includes all fees and additional charges for extras as mentioned in the confirmed reservation except insurance.
Cancellation of Extras only
- Cancellations for all confirmed extras (example inverter rentals or convenience kits, ect.) can be done up to 15 nights prior to departure free of charge.
- Cancellations 14 to 4 nights prior to departure date 50% of the rental amount is forfeited.
- Cancellations 3 to 0 nights prior to departure date 100% of the rental amount is forfeited.
Cancellation fees are subject to GST tax.