For rentals between April and November the minimum duration is 7 nights. For rentals between December and March the minimum duration is 14 nights. Afterwards all rentals can be extended on a daily basis.
Shorter rentals may be available on short notice upon request. Please contact us!
Customer Orientation at Pick-Up
A minimum of one hour is required to finalize paper work and to familiarize the renter with the operation of the rental vehicle prior to the departure. Please calculate about 60 to 90 minutes for pick-up and adjust your travel itinerary accordingly.
All renters must be present at pick-up and in possession of a valid driver license and credit card.
Full payment is required 30 days prior to pick-up. Payment may be made by interac e-transfer, wire transfer, cash, debit or bank draft.
Booking and Security Deposit
A $500.00 booking deposit is required when making a reservation which can only be made by credit card (Visa or MasterCard, no prepaid credit cards).
On pick-up day, a valid credit card must be presented and a pre-authorization of $ 500.00 per weekly rental will be processed until the rental unit is returned to cover possible additional fees and damages.
Pick-ups and Drop-offs
Pick-ups on Monday to Saturday are usually scheduled between 2:00pm and 5:00pm. No pick-up after 5:00pm. Earlier pick-ups may be possible depending on availability, please contact us to check on availability, additional charges may apply.
Please call in the afternoon one business day prior to departure to schedule a specific pick-up time to avoid a long waiting time at our lot.
Drop-offs on Monday to Saturday are between 9:00am and 10:00am. Late drop-offs may be possible depending on availability, please contact us to check on availability and possible additional charges. Late drop-offs without prior notice will always be charged hourly and an additional penalty fee.
Our rental office is closed on Sundays and on the following statutory holidays:
- Family Day
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- Heritage Holiday
- Labour Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Closing – Closed from middle of December until beginning of January!
No regular pick-ups and drop-offs can be scheduled on these days.
No refunds will be made for an early return or late pick-up of the motorhome or travel trailer.
Up and Downgrades
In the unlikely event that the requested unit is not available on pick-up day Northern Lights RV reserves the right to exchange it with a larger unit. In case only a smaller unit is available Northern Lights RV will refund the difference in rental cost of the two vehicles. In case the client refuses he accepts that all payments will be forfeited and no further claims may be made.
Milage for Motorhome Rentals
All motorhome rentals 7 days or longer include 100km free per day. Extra km will be charge with $ 0.39 plus GST tax.
We offer a variety of prepaid KM-packages that may be purchased upon pick-up. For more information please visit extras for rent & additional services.
No refund will be given for unused kilometers.
For travel trailer rentals there is no mileage charge.
No vehicles are permitted to travel to the following areas:
- Dalton and Dempster highway
- Death Valley (California) between May 1 and September 30.
- Travel on gravel or dirt roads is not permitted at all times.
Electric Brake Control
All tow vehicles must be equipped with a functioning electric trailer brake control and wiring (7 prong plug). If you are not sure that your brake control is functioning perfectly please book an appointment with our service team in advance, on pick-up days no brake controls will be installed or repaired.
A preparation fee applies to all rentals. The preparation fee includes toilet paper and chemicals, electrical adapter, fresh water and sewer hose and the disinfecting of the unit.
- Preparation fee motorhomes $ 95.00
- Preparation fee travel trailers $ 125.00
- For the travel trailers the fee also includes the hitch and equalizer bars.
Clients traveling to Alaska, Yukon and the Northwest Territories must advise us at the time of booking. A surcharge of $ 400.00 will apply per vehicle.
Northern Lights RV carries Public Liability and Property Damage Insurance of $5 000 000 per accident against legal liability of the Driver and Additional Driver for causing bodily injury or death to someone else or causing damage to someone else’s property. Premiums for this basic public liability coverage are included in all rental rates, which also include premiums for collision insurance and comprehensive insurance with a deductible of $10,000.00 per claim. Northern Lights RV offers options for collision deductible reduction agreements (CDR) which are subject to the rental terms and are null and void if any of the terms are breached.
Any accident must be reported to the police and Northern Lights RV immediately, otherwise insurance is null and void.
The CDR agreements covers the following benefits:
- Motor vehicle accidents/ collision
- Hit and run/ vandalism/ vehicle theft/ fire
- Damage due to break-ins
- Impact with animals
- Damages caused by back-up maneuvers
- Damages caused as a result of a natural disaster (hail, floods, storms)
The CDR agreements are null and void in the following occasions:
- Damage was caused a result of negligence/ willful damage
- Damage was caused as a result of people using the vehicle without permission (not registered on the rental agreement
- Fails to maintain proper fluid levels
- Damages caused by using the wrong fuel or fluids
- Failure to maintain proper tire pressure
- Damage due to misuse of the brakes (overheating), transmission or any other parts of the power train
- Damage due to violation of restricted travel areas
- Damages caused by ignoring height restrictions and other road signs
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, and/or other substances
- Damages caused as a result of the use of snow chains
Northern Lights RV offers the following CDR agreement options:
- $ 18.00 per day to reduce the renters’ liability to $ 1000.00.
- $ 23.00 per day to reduce the renters’ liability to $ 500.00.
- $ 20.00 per day to reduce the renters’ liability to $ 1000.00.
- $ 25.00 per day to reduce the renters’ liability to $ 500.00.
For the motorhomes an additional “glass plus insurance” can be purchased for $ 8.00 per day which reduces the deductible to $ 100.00 for damages on the windshield of the motorhome.
Theft, loss or damage of personal property and personal injuries are the renter’s responsibility.
During the time rented the client is responsible for the RV. He will be charges for misuse, damages due to negligence or failure to provide normal maintenance as checking oil, tire pressure and fluids and coolant at each refuelling.
No repairs are to be made to the RV in the amount over $ 50 without prior authorization of Northern Lights RV and all replaced parts must be returned along with the receipts for full refund.
Fuel costs are the renter's responsibility; no cost for fuel will be covered by Northern Lights RV. At pick-up you will receive the motorhome with a full tank of gas; all clients are expected to return the unit with a full tank of gas. In case the tank is not full, in addition to the fuel cost a service fee of $ 50 will apply.
All our units have propane tanks or bottles. Northern Lights RV will not supply a full tank or full bottles of propane. Whatever is in the tank or bottles can be used by the customer and it is his / her decision if they want to refill it / fill it up for their trip.
At pick-up you will receive a clean RV inside and outside. The RV is expected to be returned in a clean condition inside; outside will be taken care by Northern Lights RV.
In case clients do not follow the mentioned rules, extra charges will apply for necessary additional cleaning.
Smoking is not allowed in our RVs at all times.
In case clients do not follow the mentioned rules, a penalty fee and extra charges will apply for necessary additional cleaning.
We do offer pet friendly units at a non-refundable cost of $200.00, please be aware these are very select units and may not always be available. Please call or email ahead to of time to ensure a pet-friendly unit
All our rental rates, charges for extras payable at pick-up or upon return of the rental unit are subject to GST tax.
Changing a Reservation
For all changes a flat rate of $ 75 applies.
All bookings are subject to the following cancellation policy:
Cancellation of entire Booking
- Cancellations 30 nights or more prior to departure date a flat rate of $ 150.00 applies.
- Cancellations 29 to 4 nights prior to departure date 50% of the rental amount is forfeited.
- Cancellations 3 to 0 nights prior to departure or no show 100% of the rental amount is forfeited.
The rental amount includes all fees and additional charges for extras as mentioned in the confirmed reservation except insurance.
Cancellation of Extras only
- Cancellations for all confirmed extras (example inverter rentals or convenience kits, ect.) can be done up to 15 nights prior to departure free of charge.
- Cancellations 14 to 4 nights prior to departure date 50% of the rental amount is forfeited.
- Cancellations 3 to 0 nights prior to departure date 100% of the rental amount is forfeited.
Cancellation fees are subject to GST tax.